Worship


Monday, October 13, 2008

Reflections from a Hippo

This early Monday a.m. as I went to the River I felt like....mmmmm....a dried up ol piece of pita bread for want of a better description.
The last few days had been a bit tough.....
Deep down I knew that all was ok, the Lord was in control. What I was feeling and what I believe were just not lining up.
I thought ,ok, get yourself clean before the Lord, intercede for others and that dryness would be quenched. Whenever I am struggling if I focus on others it just turns that around so quickly.
As everyone started singing I felt this overwhelming love, not just from the Lord, but from my fellow River Hippos. That He designed us for fellowship. We have to receive before we can give. I sat on the floor and as my brothers and sisters in the Lord sang and worshipped the Lord, I received. I just sat there. As they all prayed and interceded for others I sat on the floor in silence and like a sponge soaked up the River flowing through the room.
I left with my spirit replinshed, ready to give to others.
The Lord was teaching me that it is important to stop and receive. Also that just when I think I got a "system" down He shows me something new. How awesome is that?
So many reasons to jump into the River....

2 Cor 13:14

No comments: